Rig Rundown Larry Carlton
Guitar hero and consumate musician Larry Carlton's equipment Is always a matter of consideration.
He's the session player who's played on more classic hit records than any other in the 70's and 80's.
How does he get his sound?:
Larry Carlton’s rig rundown
I recently watched a video by Larry Carlton’s guitar tech and jotted down some notes…
1/16" string height (at 12th fret)
- Kenudo overdrive
- liquid chorus
- TC electronic
- BOSS VO-1 Vocoder Compact Pedal
Amp: Dumble (US gigs)
Touring abroad he specifies the promoters hire in this backline…
- Fender Hot Rod DeVille III 2x12 (First Choice) – the second amp is a backup
- Fender Deluxe Reverb Amps (Second Choice) With 2 x 12 inch speakers – the second amp is a backup
- For further clarification Larry needs only 2 guitar amps 1x
- 2000 Watt Transformers for American Power to 120V (1500 Watts OK)
- 4x guitar stands
I was surprised by the string heights Larry uses, but that action clearly works for him. Notes definitely ring out better.
Feel like I missed something out? Click Here to Comment