Blue Notes (album)
This album 'Blue Notes' celebrates the pioneering Jazz record label, Blue Note Records. Not all the tracks made it onto the Blue Note catalogue yet none would exist without the space Blue Note created for Jazz to evolve. Even if the track was on another album the original artists depped for Blue Note sessions at one time or another. Such was its influence in the jazz sphere. I have tried to respect the originals but update them to be relevant 50 years after first release. Jazz must move on or die so I have done some crazy things like adding modern hip hop beats, jumping genres across blues, rock, funk and acid jazz. I've used electric instruments and effects not available to the original artists. Some purists might call it sacrilege but to them I say the phrase Miles coined - So What!
- Mo Better Blues by Branford Marsalis
- Little Sunflower by Freddie Hubbard
- This Masquerade by Leon Russell
- Take Five by Paul Desmond
- EG blues by Mezzoforte
- Autumn Leaves by Joseph Kosma
- Blue Bossa by Kenny Dorham
- Footprints by Wayne Shorter
- Waltz for Debby by Wayne Shorter
- Giant Steps by John Coltrane
- Bulan di Asia by Indra Lesmana
- Take The A Train by Billy Strayhorn
- Moanin' by Art Blakey
- It Don't Mean a Thing (If It... by Duke Ellington
- Blue Train by John Coltrane
- Yardbird Suite by Charlie Parker
- My Funny Valentine by Rogers Hart
- A Night In Tunisia by Dizzy Gillespie
MY MUSIC IS FREE TO DOWNLOAD!
If you like this music please spread the word on social
copy and paste the HTML below to your website.
All other uses governed by PRS
Sorry, license not available for commercial use because it is a cover version.